Connect with ProQuest
U.S. Major Dailies provides access to the five most respected U.S. national and regional newspapers: The New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and the Wall Street Journal.
- Chicago Tribune – keeping readers informed of the latest news from the Chicago area, the nation and the world every day. The Tribune has a reputation for investigative and public service journalism, earning 24 Pulitzer Prizes since 1932.
- Los Angeles Times – the perspective of the American West, lauded for its coverage of immigration, entertainment, and environmental issues.
- The New York Times – the paper of record in the U.S., best known for its analysis of news, issues and social changes.
- Wall Street Journal – the single most authoritative source of global and national business reporting.
- Washington Post – has distinguished itself through its reporting on international politics and policy, security and all facets of the U.S. government.
With print and online editions, the titles offer researchers historic and current coverage of local, regional, and global events with journalistic balance and perspective. ProQuest offers the U.S. Major Dailies in three different ways: ProQuest Historical Newspapers, ProQuest Recent Newspapers, and Global Newsstream.
ProQuest Historical Newspapers
Every issue of each title includes the complete paper, cover-to-cover, with full-page and article images in easily downloadable PDF format. Researchers can study the progression of issues over time through these historical newspaper pages, including articles, photos, advertisements, classified ads, obituaries, editorial cartoons, and so much more.
ProQuest Recent Newspapers
Coverage for Recent Newspapers begins in 2008 and goes through the most recent month. Over the course of 2022, we will improve content currency to within one week for most titles. Some exclusions apply.
The content is available by 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern time each day and provides archives stretching as far back as 1980. All titles are cross searchable on the ProQuest platform.
The ProQuest Advantage
Designed by EdTech Experts for Teaching, Learning and Research Success
ProQuest: The Most Comprehensive News Resource
Resources for any researcher seeking news information from three centuries to today
Access From a Single Interface
News reports, editorials, and, with ProQuest Historical and Recent Newspapers, advertisements, stock tables, cartoons, and more
Powerful Search Engine Opens 3,000 of the World’s News Sources to Users
From today’s local content to historical archives of the world’s most important dailies, ProQuest enables rich cross-searching of news for any information need
Modern, Intuitive, Responsive and Accessible
Today’s on-the-go users can access information anywhere, anytime – even offline
ProQuest Historical Newspapers™
Trace the Revolutionary War rebel cause or discover Reconstruction after the Civil War. Learn about a break-through medical discovery, the inauguration of a world leader, the world wars or the Civil Rights Movement. All from one source.Read more
ProQuest Recent Newspapers
ProQuest Recent Newspapers is a digital archive that complements ProQuest Historical Newspapers, providing access to recent news across the world, beginning in the late 2000s and goes through the most recent issue, with a content currency delay of a week or less.Read more
Politics. Natural disasters. Economics. Popular culture. Foreign affairs. Terrorism. Global Newsstream provides today’s global news content from over 2,800 news sources including newspapers, newswires, transcripts, video and digital-first content in full-text format.Read more