Connect with ProQuest
Distributed by ProQuest into library markets worldwide, Newspapers.com Library Edition is an extensive database that provides online access to 4,000+ historical newspapers. Dating from the early 1700s into the 2000s, Newspapers.com Library Edition contains full runs and portions of runs of well-known, regional and state titles to small local newspapers in the United States and other countries.
Invaluable for researchers, historians, genealogists, teachers and students, Newspapers.com Library Edition provides greater opportunities for longitudinal and comparative analysis of historical events and people, and is a great source of information for genealogists. With ongoing updates and new content continually being added, there’s always more to be discovered.
The Newspapers.com Library Edition database has been packaged to meet any library's budgetary and research needs. Libraries can subscribe to the entire database (world collection), multi-state collections, or state-level collections. And, it is a natural complement to the ProQuest Historical Newspapers program.
Learn more about this product and others that directly support researchers, including:
- ProQuest® Historical Newspapers: The definitive digital archive of full-runs of 45 essential regional, national, and international newspapers
- ProQuest® Black Historical Newspapers: The definitive digital archive of nine full-run newspapers published by and for the African American community
- HeritageQuest® Online: An incredible storehouse of American genealogical information from primary sources, local and family histories, and other finding aids
- Ancestry® Library Edition featuring over 200 billion images in more than 8,000 unique databases via a library edition of the popular Ancestry.com website
- ProQuest® African American Heritage: Exclusive resources devoted to African American family history research
- Digital Sanborn® Maps: Detailing over 100 years of urban growth in America with more than 600,000 property and land-use records
ProQuest Historical Newspapers: U.S. State Collections
ProQuest Historical Newspapers: U.S. State Collections features some of the most important titles covering a specific state in the United States. Access these State Collections, many with titles going back over a hundred years, and give your users insight into everything from local government decisions to historic moments that may not have been reported anywhere else.Read more
Ancestry Library Edition
ProQuest has partnered with Ancestry.com to create Ancestry Library Edition, one of the most important genealogical collections available today with unparalleled coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom. Its valuable content is a strong complement to HeritageQuest Online.Read more
HeritageQuest Online combines digital, searchable images of U.S. federal census records with the digitized version of the popular ProQuest Genealogy & Local History collection and other valuable content.Read more