Connect with ProQuest
HeritageQuest Online® resources is a comprehensive treasure —rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, convenient research guides, interactive census maps, and more.
Discover the amazing history of you with HeritageQuest Online. With more than 4.4 billion records, it delivers an essential collection of genealogical and historical sources—with coverage dating back to the 1700s—that can help people find their ancestors and discover a place’s past.
Powered by Ancestry®, this amazing collection consists of the following core data sets:
- Census collection contains over 700 million records from the U.S. Federal Census 1790-1940, and national censuses including Argentina, Netherlands, Czech Republic and several other countries.
- Books collection contains over 22,000 family and local histories, compiled genealogies, documentary collections, church records, military records, vital records, city and county histories, and more.
- City Directories with over 1.5 million records from various US city and county directories during 1821-1989.
- Military Records containing over 2 million records from selected state and country military records including the US Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files 1800-1900, US Records of Confederate Prisoners of War 1861-1865, and US Remarried Widows Index to Pension Applications 1887-1942.
- Wills and Probate Records has more than 170 million pages from the largest collection of wills and probate records in the United States, with searchable records included from all 50 states spread over 337 years (1668-2005).
- Freedman’s Bank contains an index and original images of the Freedman's Savings and Trust Company's registers of Signatures of Depositors 1865-1871.
- US Serial Set (subset) contains more than 140,000 private relief actions, memorials, and petitions drawn from the records published "serial" fashion from the US Senate and House of Representatives 1769-1969.
- Maps & Photos includes US Indexed County Land Ownership Maps 1860-1910, US Enumeration District Maps and Descriptions 1940, US Indexed Early Land Ownership and Township Plats 1785-1898, and Library of Congress Photo Collection 1840-2000.
With a robust search interface, thumbnail images hit highlighting, easy-to-use tools, and convenient in-library or remote access through the library portal, it’s easy to see why HeritageQuest continues to be one of the most recommended resources by family history publications and genealogists.
The clues are out there waiting. Let HeritageQuest Online help you to find them.
Try HeritageQuest Online in your library.
Contact your ProQuest Account Representative to learn more about this product and others that directly support genealogical, local, and family history research including:
- Ancestry® Library Edition featuring over 200 billion images in more than 8,000 unique databases via a library edition of the popular Ancestry.com website
- Fold3 Library Edition, powered by Ancestry, offers a premier collection of nearly 500 million military records from the U.S. and around the world
- ProQuest® African American Heritage focusing exclusively on resources devoted to African American family history research
- Digital Sanborn® Maps details over 100 years of urban growth in America with more than 660,000 property and land-use records
- ProQuest® Historical Newspapers delivers a definitive digital archive of significant regional, national, and international newspapers
- ProQuest® Black Historical Newspapers delivers a definitive digital archive of leading historical African-American newspapers in the 20th Century.
- ProQuest® American Jewish Newspapers features four key American Jewish newspapers that enable researchers to investigate Jewish immigration, genealogy, history and so much more.
- Newspapers.com Library Edition delivers an extensive online database of 3,000+ historical newspapers. Dating from the early 1700s into the mid 2000s.
The ProQuest Advantage
Designed by EdTech Experts for Teaching, Learning and Research Success
Answers for Everyone
Whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian, users will find this resource to be an easy-to-use key to uncovering and exploring family histories
A records storehouse
Vast directories and records provide multiple paths to explore clues and find more
Local and Regional Collections
Brings valuable content together for a collection of local and regional scholarship
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT) Global is a critical element of academic library research collections. An extensive and expanding collection, PQDT Global provides visibility of breakthrough research from the world’s premier universities.Read more
SciTech Premium Collection
The SciTech Premium Collection is a full-text database supported by a specialized A&I file. It covers comprehensive scholarly output and is managed by an expert editorial team overseeing content selection and indexing supported by a controlled vocabulary.Read more
Arts Premium Collection
The Arts Premium Collection provides cross-searchable access to thousands of journal titles, ensuring deep searches of extensive international collections in specialist subject areas that are not covered in more general databases.Arts Premium Collection