Connect with ProQuest
ProQuest Business Update Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated: August 3, 2020
As we all navigate a complex and challenging environment, ProQuest remains committed to providing awareness and transparency to our employees, customers and partners about our status and actions we are taking.
Our business is operating using our continuity programs, with additional contingency plans at the ready to mitigate any further disruptions. The safety of our employees and customers, along with the provision of uninterrupted service to our customers and users, are our guideposts.
Safety for employees and customers
- While work-from-home continues for the majority of our offices, we are carefully reopening some offices and facilities where it’s safe to do so. In all cases, we are taking a cautious, conservative approach, tailored to each community and locale, maintaining a global standard focused on health and safety.
- We are continuing to use virtual meetings to keep us connected with customers, colleagues and partners in a safe manner.
- While we’re not joining in-person events, we are hosting and attending virtual conferences to stay in touch, continue learning and share knowledge.
Uninterrupted service to our customers and users
- As a global company, ProQuest has a model in place that ensures consistent customer service and support. Our critical business functions, including technical support, are distributed in regions around the world. Our cloud-based infrastructure provides redundancy across geographies.
- Most of our teams around the world are able to work remotely. They work with the security and access to the services necessary to support our business and customers. The many ProQuest offices that have transitioned to online-only environments are operating successfully.
- The majority of our professional services are handled remotely without the need to travel to customer sites. Video- and tele-conferencing are successfully standing in for customer meetings that would normally take place onsite.
- In regions where we have suspended shipments of physical media, we are able to ensure uninterrupted service to our customers by providing titles in e- format. We have many options and an expanding program with publishers to meet the varying needs of libraries.
Supporting our customers and end users
- COVID-19 is having an unprecedented effect on universities and libraries. We have launched a variety of programs to support our customers’ urgent needs for electronic resources.
- We partnered with more than 1,700 publisher imprints to support libraries in providing unlimited access to Ebook Central holdings for all patrons at no extra charge. This program ran through June 30. Now, as universities plan to reopen with a mix of online and in-person classes, we’ve launched a plan that pairs usage data with deep discounts that enable libraries to pinpoint the greatest needs and continue unlimited access affordably and where it’s needed.
- We are helping to support distance research, teaching and learning with a variety of programs that enable libraries to make fast, accurate and affordable shifts to e-versions of their physical materials.
- We have accelerated the pace of our popular series of webinars, hosting experts to share best practices to help anyone with an interest in research, teaching and learning.
- Our account teams are reaching out to customers through phone and email, helping them with customized programs that bridge gaps created by this unprecedented environment.
- We are supporting COVID-19 research with a dedicated database of research related to all types of coronaviruses, including past SARS and MERS outbreaks. It’s available at no cost to all ProQuest users. Our free news site features up-to-date and authoritative content about COVID-19 gathered by our editors and is available to all. This news site includes a series of custom-created videos that help students understand COVID-19 information, including methods for evaluating the quality and credibility of information.
Agility in a dynamic environment
ProQuest is making real-time decisions, implementing programs and measures to support our employees and customers. If there is anything that we can do to support you and your institution, or if you have questions or concerns, please contact your account team or visit us at https://support.proquest.com.