Connect with ProQuest
Leading Issues in the News: Higher Education
Intro CopyCollege enrollment is dropping…College costs are rising…Graduates are not prepared for today’s workforce…Student debt is a real problem… SIRS Issues Researcher addresses these and other challenges facing higher education today with its new and updated Leading Issues. Each Leading Issue includes a topic overview, essential questions, viewpoints, supporting arguments, critical thinking prompts, and a timeline that provides background history and context.
- College Education: Is a college education worth the cost for all students?
- College Environment: How should college administrators respond when free speech on their campuses could lead to protests and violence?
- Dating Violence/Date Rape: Is the campus judicial process for dealing with sexual assaults biased?
- For-Profit Schools: Are for-profit colleges unfairly criticized?
- Fraternities and Sororities: Should fraternities and sororities be banned?