COVID-impacted libraries can tap resources like FILM PLATFORM in Academic Video Online to help bridge gaps created by rapid shifts to online-only environments
ProQuest has heard from librarians all over the world who need immediate access to electronic resources, including streaming video. Today, we’re introducing two ways to help bridge gaps created by this unprecedented environment.
- We’ve made new documentaries available in Academic Video Online: ProQuest has partnered with FILM PLATFORM to add more than 500 documentaries curated for academic audiences. FILM PLATFORM is known across the world for important, thought-provoking documentaries, including timely films like Human Nature (which explores the far-reaching implications of the controversial CRISPR gene-editing technology) and How to Survive a Plague (a documentary about the early years of the AIDS epidemic). The collection also includes award-winning titles like RBG and An Inconvenient Sequel.
These films will be available in Academic Video Online starting March 23. We’ve prioritized 50 high-demand titles to be available first, and the rest will follow in the coming weeks. All current Academic Video Online or ProQuest One Academic subscribers will automatically get access to this new content.
- If you need a streaming version of a FILM PLATFORM DVD that you own, you can request it from us at no cost. If you need a film for a class, chances are we have the title in Academic Video Online with a library of more than 70,000 titles including documentaries, feature films and training videos. Many of our films can be made available to libraries who currently own only the DVD.
Academic Video Online is easy to use, and is enabled for virtual classrooms, with:
- Unlimited users and playbacks for all films.
- Learning management system (LMS) single sign-on access: All Academic Video Online films are enabled for integration with learning management systems like Blackboard, Moodle and others. Learn how to get your content set up here.
- Unlimited media hosting: If you have non-ProQuest content to share in the classroom, you can upload an unlimited amount of locally produced streaming content – or content you've licensed from other vendors – to your Academic Video Online account.
We’re here to help. If you need immediate access to streaming video for your university, or have any other questions, please reach out to your ProQuest representative or send us an email.
Our business is operating normally and our contingency plans will help us to minimize any interruptions in the future.…
Allocation of Scarce Medical Interventions, Michelle Obama’s Mission to Educate Girls, Social Behavior of Humpback Whales… a variety of content specially curated for online learning.…
Dr. Gali Halevi, Associate Dean of Libraries & Information Sciences at the Mt. Sinai Health System, on her experience as a medical library director in one of the world’s COVID-19 epicenters.…