The largest dataset ever loaded to ABI/INFORM, the Experian Commercial Risk Database provides brief company profiles for over 40M U.S. companies, updated monthly. With over 30 years’ experience in business credit, Experian collects data on both private and public companies, with special expertise in small and medium-sized businesses.
These new reports allow students and researchers to see details such as contact information, size, industry, MSA, sales range, business type, bankruptcy information, credit risk, and more. This information is extremely useful for helping students research industries, market size and companies - for assignments or job prospecting.
Here are a few examples of the searches available for Experian:
• Document type: Company Profile
• pub(Experian) AND naics("5111*" ) AND loc(Chicago)
• Pub(Experian) and "Employee Size Range: 1-4"
• Pub(Experian) and Bankruptcy filed?: No
• Pub(Experian) and “year business started: 2005” and county near dupage
This major new addition of business content to ProQuest is just the latest in an ongoing program. See our two recent blog posts here and here to find out what else is new with ProQuest business resources.